Delica Direct Meat's Southern Veal Mince is 100% Veal Mince. Great for pastas, meatballs and a variety of other recipes.
Here's a delicious and easy recipe for Charred Veal Meatball Bánh mì by Australian Veal that serves 4 !
- 500g veal mince
- 3 tsp brown (or coconut) sugar
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon grass stalk (white part finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tsp coconut sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 3 carrots, shredded
To serve Bánh mì
- 1 French stick
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons using a speed peeler
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- To make the veal meatballs, place the veal mince, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon grass and garlic into a large bowl. Stir thoroughly until combined. Take tablespoons of the vealmince and roll into rounds. Heat a fry pan to medium heat and drizzle in a little olive oil. Add the veal meatballs and cook, turning occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Place veal meatballs onto a plate lined with kitchen paper
- For the quick pickled carrots, place the coconut sugar, lime juice and rice vinegar into a large jar and shake. Add the shredded carrot and shake again. Sit for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
- To assemble the veal meatball bahn mi, slice the French stick into 10cm lengths and halve horizontally. Spread a generous layer of whole egg mayonnaise onto each piece of French stick. Top with baby gem lettuce leaves, coriander and mint leaves, cucumber ribbons, pickled carrot, veal meatballs, spring onion and chilli. Serve with fresh lime wedges.