Southern Veal is perfect for casseroles, curries, stews and general slow cooking.
Here's a delicious recipe for you to whip up! Paprika veal with mushrooms is healthy low carb and high protein dinner recipe.
Prep 15 mins | Cook 20 mins | Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 650g diced veal
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Chicken liquid stock
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- pasta bows, to serve
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and place in a plastic bag. Add the veal to the bag and shake to coat evenly. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add veal and cook 3 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion and garlic. Cook stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the paprika, mushrooms and capsicum and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- Serve the paprika veal on the pasta scattered with the parsley leaves.