After beef, chicken mince is perhaps one of the most versatile proteins available. From spicy Asian dishes to Spanish-inspired empanadas, chicken mince can be eaten any night of the week.
Here's a great recipe for Hot & Sour Noodle Soup by delicious.com.au It makes for a quick dinner mid week.
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled, halved
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 500g Chicken Mince
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- 20g fish sauce
- 20g tamari
- 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks or 5 courgettes, split down the center
- pinch pink salt flakes
- handful fresh basil leaves
- red chillies, sliced to garnish
- noodles of choice to serve
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until browned and cooked through. Season and set aside.
- Blanch broccolini in boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Combine stock, garlic and sliced chilli in a pan and bring to the boil. Add prawns, fish sauce and sugar, then cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until prawns are opaque. Add broccolini and cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through, then stir through lime juice and most of the herbs.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, then divide among 4 serving bowls.
- Remove prawns and broccolini from the broth with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of the noodles. Top with chicken, then ladle over broth. Scatter over peanuts, chilli powder and remaining herbs, then serve immediately with a lime wedge.