Millawarra Free Range
Millawarra Free Range Diced Lamb is pasture fed, contains little fat and makes perfect meatballs. Also delicious in curries and casseroles.
Here's an great recipe for Greek Lamb and Feta Tacos by Australian Lamb
- 500g diced lamb, fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 120g Greek feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 8 soft mini tortillas
- Tzatziki, lemon wedges and mint leaves, to serve
- Place lamb, oil, garlic, oregano, mint and lemon juice in a large snap lock bag. Season and rub to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook lamb, turning, for 4 to 5 minutes, until browned and cooked to your liking. Set meat aside on a plate, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells or tortillas according to packet directions.
- To serve, divide lamb, baby spinach, onion, tomato, cucumber, feta and olives between tacos or tortillas. Serve with tzatziki, mint leaves and lemon wedges
- You could also serve these in hard taco shells or for a healthier option in wholemeal pita pockets.
- For a Moroccan twist, substitute the oregano and mint with 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning, and serve with red capsicum instead of olives and goats cheese instead of feta.
- Millawarra Free Range Lamb Mince would be a great alternative to diced lamb in this recipe.