Chicken Thigh Boneless & Skinless
Delica Direct meats RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh fillets are perfect for baked chicken recipes because of the way they’re cut, and because they cook quicker than most other kinds of chicken. It's super quick and ready in a short amount of time.
Here's an easy slow cooked chipotle chicken recipe by delicious.com.uk, which will be a guaranteed hit with the family!
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1.4kg), halved
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 tbsp good-quality cocoa powder
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400g tin black beans or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Warm tortillas, soured cream, coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
- 3 avocados, peeled and chopped
- Juice 1-2 limes
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Small handful chopped coriander
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a hob safe casserole or large ovenproof sauté pan (you’ll need a lid) over a high heat, then fry the chicken in batches, turning often, for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the casserole/pan, then fry the onions and peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, chipotle paste and cocoa, stirring to combine.
- Return the chicken and any juices to the casserole, stir to coat, then add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer, season with salt and pepper, then cover and cook in the oven for 1½ hours.
- Add the beans to the stew and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes more until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Meanwhile, put all the guacamole ingredients in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, add a little more lime juice to taste, then pulse until roughly chopped and combined but still with some texture. (Or mash everything together in a mixing bowl with a fork until as smooth as possible.)
- Serve the chicken on warm tortillas topped with guacamole, soured cream, coriander and a squeeze of lime!