Beef Short Ribs
Pure Southern Grass Fed Beef Short Ribs are delicious, exceptionally juicy and full of flavor. These ribs are hand cut and trimmed to order by our expert in house butchers! A very flavorful cut and fantastic texture when cooked low & slow.
Here's a recipe for some finger-licking ribs that are the prefect dinner, snack or party food, but make sure you always have plenty to go around. Tamarind Beef Short Ribs by Australian Beef that serves 4.
- 1.2 kg beef short ribs
- Whole spices (1 tsp peppercorns, 1 red dried chilli, 2 cloves)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Tamarind puree
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint + sprigs, to serve
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 150g green beans, blanched, halved
- 1 baby cos lettuce, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place ribs in a large saucepan with whole spices and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine 1 tbsp oil, tamarind, fish sauce and palm sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Tip into bowl with ribs and toss to coat. Cook on a lightly oiled bbq or chargrill pan for 2-3 minutes per side until charred or in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200C fan forced until the edges start to go crispy.
- Cook brown rice with 2 cups water in a small saucepan with the lid on over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Combine cucumber, tomato, beans and lettuce. Drizzle with remaining oil and lime juice. Stir mint and coriander through rice and serve with glazed ribs, salad, mint sprigs and lime wedges.