We take pride on producing fresh mincing daily. Our Pure Southern Beef Mince 100% grass fed beef with absolutely nothing added. Full of grass-fed flavor, great for those Italian bolognese nights. This is the great all-rounder!
Need some inspiration? Here're a quick an easy recipe for Teriyaki Beef Mince Bowls that serves 4 from Australian Beef:
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) Teriyaki Marinade
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 1 large yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- Jasmine rice, to serve (or any white short grain)
- Sliced green onions & 2 tbs sesame seeds, to garnish
- 80g baby spinach, to serve
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic & ginger, cook for 20 secs. Add the beef mince and cook, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes until browned.
- Reduce heat and add teriyaki marinade. Add the sugar snap, capsicum and stir to mix evenly. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve on rice garnished with green onions, sesame seeds and a side of baby spinach leaves.
- Can be served with Japanese noodles
- Can be put into lettuce cups as a finger food or entrée
- Can be put into a Healthy bowl dish, add coleslaw, kewpie mayonnaise and shredded nori sheets.
Minced meat exposes more surface area to bacteria than bigger, single cuts. Make sure you maintain good food safety habits when handling your mince to eliminate contamination.
Why is mince sometimes a brownish colour inside the pack?
Ever noticed how packaged mince can be bright red on the outside, but brownish in the middle? Stay calm – it's normal! Oxygen from the air reacts with exposed meat pigments to form the reddish colour. The pigment responsible for beef's red colour is oxymyoglobin.