Millawarra Free Range
Millawarra lamb mince is the perfect lean alternative for beef mince. Lamb Mince contains lesser fat and makes the perfect meatballs.
Here's a quick recipe for Vietnamese style Lamb Mince Salad by Australian Lamb
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 small butter lettuce, leaves torn
- 2 small carrots, peeled, shredded
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Vietnamese dressing +extra, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, fresh sliced chilli, prawn crackers, lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 1-2 minutes until slightly softened. Add mince and ground coriander. Season and cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, carrot, cucumber and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing, season and toss to coat. Top salad with lamb mixture.
- Serve with coriander sprigs, chilli, prawn crackers, lime wedges and extra dressing.
- Lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced, or lamb meatballs would also work well.
- Roll salad up into softened rice paper wrappers for Vietnamese rolls.
- Leftover mince mixture can be used in a crunchy baguette, tacos or a noodle bowl.
- Vietnamese dressing is available in the Asian section of most supermarkets or Asian grocers.