Pork Loin Chop
The pork loin chop has been a staple in many Aussie homes for generations.Spotted lately across the menus of some of the trendiest restaurants in the country, the way it’s being enjoyed now is a far cry from how you might remember them.
Here's an easy recipe by Australian Pork for Marinated BBQ pork loin chops with Asian noodle salad. It serves 4 :
4 pork loin chops
•5cm piece ginger, peeled & grated
•½ cup brown sugar
•½ teaspoon cinnamon ground
•350ml apple cider
•100g Vermicelli rice noodles, soaked
•100g snow peas, sliced
•1 carrot, peeled & shredded
•4 baby radishes, thinly sliced
•4 spring onions, sliced finely
•100ml Asian soy & sesame dressing
•1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
•1 tablespoon fried shallots to garnish
•Lime wedges to garnish
- In a large glass bowl or seal-able plastic bag combine the marinade ingredients.
- Remove the pork loin chop from the packaging and place into the marinade and marinate the pork chops for up to 24 hours but a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Whilst pork chops are marinating prepare salad. Combine the rice noodles, snow peas, carrot and spring onions in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the salad dressing, cover and refrigerate until required.
- BBQ or cook in the griddle pan over a medium heat 4-6 minutes each side basting frequently.
- Serve pork loin chops hot with the noodle salad on the side garnished with fried shallots and a wedge of lime.