Pork and chicken are the ultimate ingredients for quick and easy midweek meals. We've curated some recipes that your kids will love! Simply click on the link to get the recipes.
New healthier spin on a classic favourite! Gluten free and low in calories and fat it's packed with delicious chicken breast, carrot noodles and loads of veg., too.
Cooking Time : 25 mins Serves : 4
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp sriracha chilli sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp coconut oil
650g Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
6 green shallots, cut into 4cm batons
200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
4 (about 720g) carrots, peeled, peeled into ribbons
80g (1 cup) trimmed bean sprouts
Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
2 tbsp toasted cashews, chopped, to serve
Lime cheeks, to serve
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, sriracha and garlic in a small bowl until combined.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned. Add 2 tbs sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until coated and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe the wok clean with paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, sugar snap peas and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender crisp. Add carrot ribbons, remaining sauce mixture and 1 tbs water. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until just tender and well combined. Add chicken. Toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- Divide the pad thai among serving bowls. Sprinkle with bean sprouts, coriander and cashews. Serve with lime cheeks.
These rissoles hit the spot when you’re on the hunt for a weeknight meal that’s both tasty and simple to throw together. Buy Pork Mince for the recipe here
500g pork mince
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
1 large red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
225g can pineapple pieces in juice
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp cornflour
Steamed long-grain white rice, to serve
Sliced green onion, to serve
- Place mince, breadcrumbs, green onion, half the garlic and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 12 patties.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook rissoles, in 2 batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned, adding a little extra oil if needed. Transfer to a plate.
- Add brown onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just starting to soften. Add capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add undrained pineapple, stock, tomato sauce, sugar and soy to pan. Stir to combine.
- Return rissoles to pan. Bring sauce to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, turning rissoles occasionally, for 10 minutes or until rissoles are cooked through.
- Blend cornflour with 1 tablespoon water. Add to sauce mixture. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Serve rissoles with rice and sprinkled with green onion.
This slice is not only glorious for dinner, but can also be wrapped and packed up in a lunchbox for a healthy midday treat. Buy Pork Sausages here
We love a one-pan wonder, and this cheesy pork dish is no exception. Meet your new weeknight go-to. Buy Pork Loin Chops for the recipe here
A buttery lemon sauce coats these easy-to-make rissoles. Ready in well under an hour they're a great family-friendly weeknight dinner. Pro tip: they're not too bad eaten straight from the fridge the next day, either. Buy Chicken Mince for thr recipe here
The whole family will love this new, easy chicken dish. Any leftovers freeze well and make a handy lunch. Peanut butter is a store-cupboard hero and makes a great sauce in this quick Indonesian-style peanut butter chicken. The secret is to get the right balance of sweet, salty, sour and hot. Serve with rice and/or steamed greens. Buy Chicken thighs for the recipe here